Japanese Customer News March 13th 2015
● “Takahide Kiuchi (a Bank of Japan policy board member)...said if the bank continued with the current program, which absorbs nearly all of newly issued government debt, the market would see a drop in liquidity - the ease with which investors can buy or sell bonds when needed”
Source: BOJ easing steps unsustainable: dissenter, By Takashi Nakamichi, The Wall Street Journal, The Weekend Australian Newspaper, March 7th - 8th, 2015, page 30
● “with reasonable expectations of earnings growth between 12 - 13 per cent this year, Japan is one of the few markets with positive revisions in earnings-per-share momentum”
Source: Stick with Japan it’s paying off, By Stirling Larkin, The Weekend Australian Newspaper, March 7-8th, 2015, page 33.
● “Japan Post’s surprise $6.6 billion takeover bid for Toll Holdings is…the largest bid by a foreign company in Australia in almost five years”
Source: Japan Post bid for Toll throws open floodgates, By Bridget Carter, The Australian Newspaper, Thursday the 12th of March, 2015 page 22.
● “Japan: Population 127 million, Land area: 364,485 square kilometres. GDP per head 2014 $48.427, Growth 2014: 0.1%”
Source: Banking on big ambitions by Rowan Callick, The Australian Newspaper, Friday March 20th, 2015, page 11.
● “70 per cent of Japan’s workers are employed in small and midsize enterprises according to government figures”
Source: Japan hopes for pay-led recovery, by Takashi Nakamichi and Yoko Kubota, The Wall Street Journal, The Australian Newspaper, Friday March 20th, 2015, page 25.
● “ More than half of the thermal coal shipped out of Australia is sold to Japanese power companies under an annual contract price…”The Japanese traditionally are willing to pay a premium for security of supply and better quality”
Source: Coal miners feel pinch in Japan deal, By Peter Ker, The Australian Financial Review, Friday 20th March, 2015, page 15.
japan, japanese, customer, consumer, picture, quote, news, video, podcast, business, economy, trends, insights, behaviour, www.japanesecustomer.com, analysis, #japan, #japanese, #customer, #consumer