● “Asia investment into Australia 24 months (Q3/2013 - Q2/2015)
Hong Kong 1183
South Korea 306
Source: Knight Frank”
Source: Wave of Asia cash floods market, by Samantha Hutchinson, The Australian, Thursday October 31st, 2015, page 31.
● “Japan’s manufacturing and exports sectors, for example, have borne the brunt of emerging markets slow down…BOJ…”The slow down in emerging economies” was weighing on the nations exports and production”
Shares of exports to emerging markets (2014)
Source: Wall Street Journal
Source: China slump hits rich countries by Anjani Trivedi, The Wall Street Journal, The Australian, Friday 16th October, 2015, page 25.
● “Toyota..has focused on hybrids..Toyota’s Mirai fuel-cell car can run 500km with a full tank of hydrogen, based on US testing standards. Rival Nissan’s Leaf electric car has an average range of 135 km with a fully charged battery”
Source: End of the road for petrol, diesel: Toyota, The Wall Street Journal, The Australia, Friday October 16th, 2015, page 25.
● “(Japan Post IPO)..Pricing at the top end of the range would raise roughly 1.4 trillion yen (AUS $16.2 billion) making the floatation the biggest in the world this year”
Source: Retail orders fuel surprising demand for Japan Post IPO’s by Leo Lewis, Financial Times, Australian Financial review, Friday October 16th, 2015, page 25.
● “Nikkei’s flagship financial newspaper has more than 3 million print and digital subscribers”
Source: Nikkei’s survival tied to US$1.3b, Financial Times deal by Tony Boyd, Australian Financial review, Friday October 16th, 2015, page 29.
● “Japan’s capacity to influence regional events is limited by the struggles of “Abenomics” to restore economic health”
Source: US asserts Asia-Pacific shift by Rowan Callick, The Australian, Monday 12th October, 2015, page 9.
● “About 49% per cent of retailers (in the USA) now offer free return shipping according to a study by the National Retail Federation…Many surveys have shown that consumers will often judge a company on its return policy”
Source: Retailers count costs of free return shipping by Loretta Chao, Wall Street Journal, The Australian, Tuesday October 13th, 2015, page 25.
● “Japan contributed (AUS$42 million) to UNESCO in 2014. UNESCO’s budget for the two year 2014 - 2015 period is (AUS$892 million)”
Source: Japan threat to cut funds to UNESCO, The Australian, Wednesday October 14th, 2015, page 8.
● “(Australian) Lion group which is owned by Japanese food and beverages giant Kirin…has a significant presecence (in) the Asian dairy sector with more than 20 per cent of the Hong Kong premium dairy segment and 19 per cent of the premium segment in Malaysia”
Source: Lion in China web, distributor alliance, by Damon Kitney, The Australian, Wednesday 14th October, 2015, page 21.
japan, japanese, consumer, customer, news, picture, quote, business, marketing, insights, technology, trends, behaviour, www.japanesecustomer.com, @jcustomers, #japan. #japanese, #customer, #consumer, #news, #podcast, #video