Highlights of the OECD Better Life Index Japan ranking
* the average person earns 23 458 USD a year, more than the OECD average of 22 387 USD a year.
* 70% of people aged 15 to 64 in Japan have a paid job
* life expectancy at birth in Japan is almost 83 years
* 92% of people believe that they know someone they could rely on in time of need
* 70% of people saying they have more positive experiences in an average day (feelings of rest, pride in accomplishment, enjoyment, etc) than negative ones
Source: OECD Better Life Index
May 23, 2012