April 11, 2015
Japanese Customer News April 11th 2015
● “As recently as 2008…Japanese companies sold two-fifths of the world’s TV’s….by last year (2014) that proportion halved as Korean and Chinese offerings became more popular”
Source: Sun rises again from Japan tech, The Financial Times, Australian Financial Review Newspaper, Wednesday April 8th, 2015, page 25.
● “Japanese investors bought $2.87 billion of Australian bonds in February…(2015)…the second-biggest amount in the past 10 years, Ministry of Finance data showed….Australian bonds have remained attractive (2.25 per cent)…to Japanese investors, where yields are not far from zero”
Source: Japanese bond buying slows Aussie’s descent, by David Rogers, The Australian Newspaper, Thursday April 9th, 2015, page 31.
● “Engineers at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries are developing a wireless power transmission system that uses microwaves. They hope the system can provide electricity to facilities in remote areas where it is difficult to install power cables”
Source: The Small Print, By Steve Trautlein, MetropolisJapan.com, April 9th 2015, Issue 1098.
● “Japanese saying, “Nana - korobi, ya-oki” - Fall seven times, get up eight” Takashi Ueda, President of Sanoyas Holding Corporation
Source: Dizzy Dreams by Patrick Durkin, Boss Magazine, Australian Financial Review, April 2015 issue, page 7.
● “The (Japanese) government last week…submitted a bill making it mandatory for workers to take five days of paid holiday a year… Japanese employees took only half their holiday allowance last year…says online travel agency Expedia”
Source: Cutting hours the Japanese way by Kana Inagaki, The Financial Times, Australian Financial Review, Thursday April 9th, 2015, page 24.
japan, japanese, customer, consumer, picture, quote, news, video, podcast, business, economy, trends, insights, behaviour, www.japanesecustomer.com, analysis, #japan, #japanese, #customer, #consumer