● “Japan reworked the scale of famous rugby upsets with their 34-32 victory…If ever a team was primed to cause an upset, it was Japan….It’s difficult to quantify what Japan’s win has done for the World Cup but it has been immense”
Source: Japan shocks boks to ignite Cup, by Wayne Smith, The Australian, Monday September 21st, 2015, page 33.
● “Japan has revealed it is willing and able to build the nay’s new submarines in Australia..The (Japanese) submarine project is likely to cost a t least $20 billion to build at least eight, and possibly 12 boats..It will be worth an estimated $30 billion extra to sustain the boast in Australia through their lives”
Source: Japan’s local jobs pitch for subs deal, by Brendan Nicholson, The Australian, Friday, September 25th, 2015, page 1.
● “Hidekichi Miyazaki..This week the 105 year-old Japanese athelete entered the Guiness Bookof Records as the oldest sprinter to compete in a 100m sprint..at 42.22 seconds…”I’m not happy with the time” said Miyazaki after his run”
Source: A week at a time by Simon McLoughlin, The Weekend Australian, Saturday 26th September 2015, page 40.
● “Canon…aims to fully automate the production of digital cameras by 2018 to lift its domestic production ratio to 60 per cent, from 43 per cent last year…a switch to domestic production for imported goods targeting Japanese consumers could lift Japan’s industrial production by up to 3 per cent (according to Mizuho Securities estimates)”
Source: Robots and reshoring bring ‘made in Japan’ back in vogue, by Kana Inagaki, Financial Times, Australian Financial Review, Monday 21st September, 2015, page 21.
● “Japanese pop act Miss Revolutionary Idol Berserker which requires audience members to wear a rain coat…Oz Asia Festival at the Adelaide Festival Centre from September 24th to October 4th ..which features 41 events…designed to give audiences a glimpse of Asia’s contemporary arts scene”
Source: From Asia, with joy by Andrew Taylor, The Australian Financial Review Weekend, Friday 25th - Sunday 27th, September, 2015, page L3
japan, japanese, consumer, customer, news, picture, quote, business, marketing, insights, technology, trends, behaviour, www.japanesecustomer.com, @jcustomers, #japan. #japanese, #customer, #consumer, #news, #podcast, #video